How to get RAWR work as a static NewGRF¶
What is a static NewGRF?
It is a purely visual NewGRF which always shows for you client-side. That way you can join servers or open singleplayer savegames, and always see RAWR (or other static NewGRF).
- download RAWR from content download
- apply it in the newGRF options just like if you want to load it in a game just like any other NewGRF
- select your desired climate in grf parameters (or leave Automatic by default) - you can for example see Temperate climate when the server is in Toyland
- close OpenTTD
- find your openttd.cfg and search for [newgrf] section - there will be something like this with 1.4.0 rawr_absolute_world_replacement-0.0.1\rawr.grf = 4 ................. or like this with 1.5.1 56420404|3581919585D872198B0C22729412A59B|rawr_absolute_world_replacement-0.0.1\rawr.grf = 0
- move this RAWR line to [newgrf-static] section. If you removed it from [newgrf] section, the welcome screen of the game will be in RAWR too :P
- start OpenTTD and enjoy :)
RAWR Technical Documentation¶
- to be expanded into a proper YETI / NUTS - like page ... when I get the time and stuff sorted out (probably after RAWR 0.0.2 comes out on bananas)