You find the user manual at the wiki of openttd.org.
This section aims to document some parts of the development process.
Preparing a release¶When creating a new release, the following steps should be taken in the order given below:
- Make sure the code is ready. It should contain all the required features and fixes.
- Test whether stuff actually works. Releasing buggy binaries just wastes time.
- Override the version strings. See the file attached below. Override IS_TRUNK_REV and IS_REV_NAME with the correct values.
- Ask Rubidium or TrueBrain to build the binaries and make sure they are in the correct location.
- Make sure patch files are available in trunk-patches
- Edit the tt-forums post, IRC channel titles etc to let the world know.