The main repository of OpenGFX moved to GitHub to alongside OpenTTD itself.
It now is found at https://github.com/OpenTTD/OpenGFX.
The same goes for the issue tracker. Pull requests are very welcome.
The NML repo has moved to GitHub https://github.com/OpenTTD/nml
As of December 2018 issues are still on devzone. That may change in future.
-Add: New industry type limits of OpenTTD 1.6
-Fix: [CF] Build the version which is asked to be built instead of tip
-Fix: Mark the cython acceleration module as optional.
-Fix #7641: Sort gender and case translation tables deterministically (matthijs)
-Fix #7640: Use dashes, not hyphens in manpage (matthijs)
-Fix #7336: Action 6 offset was off by one for VA2 ranges when using a list of expressions in a switch.
-Fix #7185: Incorrect Action6 offsets for Production Action2.
-Doc: Be more verbose about MANIFEST.in and remove bootstrap from manifest as well
This version adds access to the additional rocky tiles as of OpenTTD r27220 and adds a new 'getbits' function.
But it mainly fixes the packaging issues as experienced with NML 0.4.0:
- Add: second_rocky_tileset
- Add: Build-in function 'getbits'
- Change: Try to improve packaging by applying some in-built automatisms via find_package() (oberhumer) (issue #7540)
- Fix: Building source bundle was broken
- Fix: Version identification for tags
- Doc: Update readme with python version info
- Cleanup: Remove pre-OpenTTD-1.1 wrappers for SHIFT_LEFT, SHIFT_RIGHT and SHIFTU_RIGHT.
- Cleanup: Remove bootstrap
Note to package maintainers:¶
- Bundles should now contain again everything needed to build NML
- Naming of the files changed back to a scheme following nml-VERSION.PLATFORM.tar.gz
OpenGFX 0.5.2 (12 Apr 2015):
- Add: [Makefile] target 'bananas' (closes #6877, #6848) - Fix: [Makefile] Add dependency generation for pnml->nml - Fix: [Makefile] dependencies, esp. wrt. HG revision numbers getting compiled into files - Fix: Alignment of GUI icons that have different sizes in 1x and 2x zoom - Fix: 2x GUI sprite for purchase land was attached to the viewport sprite instead of to the GUI sprite (commit:ba02a90fab52) (issue FS#6267) - Fix: Do not crop the default-window-size icon (issue FS#6258)
OpenGFX 0.5.2-RC1 (16 Feb 2015):
- Add: 2x GUI zoom sprites - Add: the all black ground sprites introduced in OpenTTD r26869 - Add: Translations for Africans, Italian, Latin and Lithuanian - Update: Translation for English (US) - Change: [Makefile] Make sure that mercurial output is not changed by user presets - Codechange: [Makefile] Simplify a few pointless programme definitions - Fix: [Makefile] No need to query the whereabouts of required programmes when we make no use of that anyway (issue #5759)
Note to package maintainers:¶
- Package naming was reverted to the simple scheme of opengfx-VERSION.zip (binary) and opengfx-VERSION-source.tar.xz (source).
- Makefile was rewritten with improved dependency check and better version inclusion in files (should not affect anything)
- Recommended NML version: 0.4.1
Last month we put a news item out about our retention policy. We have decided to start actively enforcing this policy from the 1st of March.
This is needed to maintain proper stability of our services. Each night a 03:00 UTC our server will cleanup any files that are outside of the retention policy.
To be sure we don't lose builds that are needed we have a copy of the current data available. Should you feel like a build (for this first month) has been removed in an incorrect way we can verify our logs and fix any issues that should arise. We have run our cleanup script on a dry run for some period to prevent such errors. Should they occur contact us through IRC.
This version brings some major changes compared to the 0.3.x versions:
- Conversion to python3. The minimum required python version now is python 3.2.
- Rigerous caching of real sprites. This improves encoding speed a lot on subsequent runs, especially for NewGRFs with many real sprites, more so for 32bpp
- Statistics on the NewGRF on used IDs for vehicles, houses, etc as well as available switches, parameters etc
- Feature: [NewGRF] create_effect and effect_spawn_model
- Feature: [NewGRF] EFFECT_SPRITE_NONE constant for create_effect callback
- Feature: [NewGRF] support for OTTD_RECOLOUR action5 sprite(s)
- Feature: [NewGRF] Support for Latin
- Feature: [NewGRF] Variable to test for enabled wagon speed limits. (issue #6474)
- Feature: [NewGRF] Warn about usage of animation and semi-transparent colours, and add spriteset flags to enable/disable the checks. (issue #1085)
- Fix: [NewGRF] Number of vehicles in var 41 is one-based, only var 40 is zero-based.
- Fix: [NewGRF] Patch flags can only be accessed via action 7/9. (issue #6996)
- Fix: [NewGRF] Action7/9 bit tests must use varsize 1.
There's numerous other fixes, changes and additions. For a full changelog, see http://bundles.openttdcoop.org/nml/releases/0.4.0/changelog.txt
Get the latest release version from the bundles server: http://bundles.openttdcoop.org/nml/releases/LATEST/
Note to package maintainers:
- Dependency change: python 3.2+
- Dependency change: preferably use pillow for python3 as imaging library instead of PIL.
- Build requirement change (optional): c compiler needed to build the optional cython module for grf encoding (nml/_lz77.c). It's an optional speed improvement over the python-only implementation.
In recent months the retention policy for builds created by the DevZone's compile farm was rather liberal and all build for every push were kept. However, with the increasing size of NewGRFs (we needed to upgrade the allocated space for builds several times already) we need to go back to the original retention policy:
- The three most recent builds on push will be kept available
- Up to 20 nightly builds will be kept
- All releases (tagged builds) will be kept
Nightlies are not built specifically anymore. But once a day, the build from the most recent push will be promoted to a nightly build.
See also our wiki page at UsingTheCF which documents the data retention policy. If you need one of the old nightly builds or push-builds, then please grab it now. The new build management script will be switched on in the coming days.
Due to the increasing size of some projects we changed some settings in the compile farm itself, in Jenkins so that build results will not be kept any longer on that build server. As previously all build results will always be published to our file server at http://bundles.openttdcoop.org. The results of the latest build can always be found at http://bundles.openttdcoop.org/PROJECTNAME/push/LATEST (where PROJECTNAME is the name as it appears here on the DevZone, which is also part of the repository URLs)
Today Alberth and myself changed the required python version of NML nightly versions and a future NML 0.4.0 to python 3.2 or newer as python2 is slowly phasing out, and also the imaging module is better supported with python3. For some time there will continue be updates to the 0.3 branch as well with an occasional maintenance release, though.
If you're on windows, this is of little consequence to you, we continue to provide an exe file which can be used out-of-box, now based on python 3.3.
If you're on OSX or linux and use nmlc from a repository checkout, you'll want to use the package manager of choice and install python3 and python3-ply and python3-pillow (or called python3-imaging or similar).
If you encounter any problems, please let us know
Also package maintainers may consider to already look into updating their dependency lists accordingly
Alberth & planetmaker
Also available in: Atom