4X Worker Yard¶
- current_date related
- town_size related
- bonus production is only given if food requirements are met
- the bigger town, the more food it needs to give workers
- it would be nice if this threshold could be non-binary (like more steps than just give bonus Y/N)
- building materials are needed to allow town growth
- this works on montly basis
- the bigger town, the more supplies it needs to grow for one month
- Optional: if enough excessive BDMT is delivered, the growth will happen for multiple months? E.g. if 300% of monthly requirement arrives, the town will grow for 2 months? This would probably somehow need to be saved into some memory or something, dont know. Not very important feature.
- Optional: if enough excessive BDMT is delivered, the growth will happen for one month still, but FASTER? I have no idea if this is possible but it is interesting to consider. At the same time not being able to speed it up (wont be much regardless), supports the idea of using multiple towns instead of one.
- Optional: create a dependency between the town mechanic and town_growth_rate setting? It obviously could be cheated by changing it in running game, but I think it would be a nice feature to have - Faster to grow towns? get less YETIz per citizen. Possibly with a parameter to disable it I guess.
- current_date related (very small amount)
- YETI dudes are processed (the current 1/10th of waiting cargo per 256 ticks looks good to me)
- The more waiting cargo there is (YETI dudes), the worse the ratio between dudes:production
- Machinery improves the ratio of dudes:production majorly in all cases, but machinery without YETI dudes will not do anything.
- Primary cargoes are processed (1/10th again)
- When there is 1 waiting cargo to be processed, the industry outputs 50% of input.
- When there are 2 waiting cargoes to be processed, the industry outputs 75% of input.
- When there are 3 waiting cargoes to be processed, the industry outputs 100% of input.
Note: I would not go above 100% to keep product less than input (not to break refit and a lot of game logic)
Note2: 3-AA, 3-BB, 3-CC would keep 100% at all times. 5-X would get 75% so it would be considerably less efficient to purposedly get only BDMT->Food instead of Food directly.
#2 Updated by Sylf over 5 years ago
For 4X worker yard,
an industry can see its parent (town)'s population size, so we can base the worker production level based on the town size.
But NewGRF cannot control how the town grows. You must either patch the openttd or use game script for that. This is exactly what various city builder scripts do.