Feature Request #6200
Make smooth train turn on 90 railway turn
Current code only assumes that railway can have only 45 degree turns.
But when a train comes to 90 degree turn, the code skips 5 views and turns the train on 90 degree in 1 step.
It would look much better if the code could control this situation and would provide the missing views in turn.
#3 Updated by Eddi about 7 years ago
To elaborate a bit more:
the current movement model with 3 articulated parts means we can essentially differentiate 2 intermediate states:
- the first part turned, the second and third part are straight
- the first and the second part turned, the third part is straight
that means, we can only have 2 intermediate steps shown in 90° turns, even though we have graphics for 5. so no matter what you do, you will end up with something that "jumps"i guess the closest solution would be the views to go
- 0 (straight vertical/horizontal)
- -> 2 (intermediate state)
- (skipping 3 = straight scren-diagonal)
- -> 4 (intermediate state)
- 6 (straight horizontal/vertical)
in the switch that checks turning states, if the vehicle is turned by more than 1 "direction difference"