Purchase menu sprites specification
|Category:||Purchase menu graphics|
Below is the specification on how purchase sprites must be made.Graphical requirements:
- Size: 60 px wide, 12 px high.
- From left to right, the sprites will contain the following:
- 3x12 px vertical Dutch flag, 1x12 px red RGB (196,0,0), 1x12 px white RGB (232,232,232), 1x12 px blue RGB (0,52,160).
- 1x12 px space.
- 12x12 px engine class icon: steam, diesel, electric or metro.
- For wagons there will be a 12x12 px empty space here.
- 1x12 px space.
- note that the distance between the electric icon and the vehicle sprite is 2 px!
- 43x12 px vehicle preview: the engine is aligned to the left of this box, if it's longer, it is cut off at the end of the box.
- the last 4x12 pixels of the previous engine box is half-transparent. This is done by overlaying a chequerboard transparent-blue pixel grid. The top left of this pattern will show train, the bottom right is transparent.
- All trains in the purchase menu are travelling towards the left, so you need the seventh column of each vehicle sprite template to get the sprites from.
- Do not repeat engines to show more liveries. This confuses the user, as it will appear that an articulated engine will be purchased, which is not the case.
- There are templates for all this in the repo: http://dev.openttdcoop.org/projects/dutchtrains/repository/show/gfx/purchase
- If a train has multiple year-dependent liveries, there must be a purchase sprite for each engine.
- Special liveries that are available randomly at the same time as a 'regular' livery don't need a purchase menu sprite.
- Trains that only have random liveries (mostly modern trains): pick one livery. It would be nice to show each company at least once in the purchase list.
- Each purchase sprite must be saved in a separate png file, exactly 60x12 px in size.
- The name of the file must be equal to the name of the graphics file in the repo. If there are multiple liveries, add an underscore to the file name, followed by the name of the livery (no official convention here, just as long as it's clear what livery it is).
- File extensions are lower case. Do not use any special characters or spaces in the file name.
- If two MUs would have the same purchase menu sprite, save the sprite only once, no need to duplicate.
- All files must be saved with the Windows palette. The templates (except for the overlay) already have this palette applied, so as long as you (or your editor) don't remove that you'll be fine.
- Some examples are available in the attachments below.
Do not use this issue for posting purchase sprites you made. Make a new issue instead.
#3 Updated by foobar about 7 years ago
Please use this issue to indicate what you're working on. Just post the results in a NEW issue. You may upload multiple in one issue at once. Just don't keep adding to that issue, that way it is easier for me to keep track of what's done and what's not. Thanks!