Sprite 4629 - Toyland Church (32bpp, 8bpp)
Recent activity on Arctic Church, led to this :-)
I work on 32bpp (as usual) and a reduce to 8bpp isn't so bad.
Colors used are more or less the ones I used to recolor the original sprite (I won't post the recolored sprite here as using it would be a copyright violation - for the curious, in-game screen-shots with it were posted by Sergej in quite a number of forums).
#1 Updated by athanasios almost 11 years ago
- File 4629_WIP.png added
- Status changed from New to Feedback
- % Done changed from 10 to 30
Some progress here.
CC approach has been dropped. The results of CC randomness may be good for company vehicles and structures but are not for most other sprites with other colors. Some color combinations are aesthetically unacceptable.
I placed the building over a base tile. This can serve as a guide during coding to avoid misalignment. (After the recent incident with misaligned town buildings, it is good to take some precautions.)
AA (This will benefit 32bpp mainly) & pixel tweaking (mainly for 8bpp), as some details are lost through the conversion-even though the result is not so bad (see new image).
Create a decent layered image file.
Provide a few color clones for 32bpp to compensate for the CC drop out (see 1st NOTE above). I intend to keep the main structure of the church* intact and colorize the roof only.
- I suggest to rename 'church' to 'place of worship' in Toyland. Unlike TTD that was targeting western players, OTTD appeals to players from all over the world, whose religious belief varies. And I suppose Toyland inhabitants follow their own 'weird' cult! :-)
#2 Updated by foobar over 10 years ago
Does Toyland have a chuch? I didn't know that...
Anyways, the building looks very nice indeed. Again, good work! Renaming is not something I want to include in OpenGFX I'm afraid. You could suggest that for OpenTTD though. Should be a simple change in the language files...
#7 Updated by athanasios over 10 years ago
- % Done changed from 30 to 50
Updated % Done to 50%. I worked a bit more on 32bpp.
1. A bit of a shadow on roof.
2. The 32bpp clones.
3. Reduce to 8bpp and paste some pixels from the new reduce to existing 8bpp, tweak some other pixels that are lost if needed.